Monday, November 2, 2009

World Slipping out of their paws and our hands ....

Yesterday I watched the BBC Earth 2009 Documentary. You know, sometimes I feel how selfish I am. Consider this. I see the documentary, I feel bad about the state of the planet and the species living in it ( both plants and animals), I make a resolve to make a change , I adopt a few restrictions and constraints in my life, goes on for a fortnight or so, and then it all vanishes. You are back to the messed up, unncessarily complicated money obsessed life of yours.
So I have thought that instead of making false resolutions, one can do simple thing. Watch 2 or 3 documentaries like this per month. We generally scavenge for movies and music videos. Why shouldn't we watch this for a change.
The world has so many wonders in store for us, if we dont care for it at least we should see it and acknowledge the beauty of it. Once you see it, you will never feel like doing any anti-earth activity.
The beauty of the planet can be best understood by studying the life of its inhabitants. This file tells about the most challenging migrations taken by some animals every year. The amount they travel in a year, we might not do that even in our lifetime. Please be amazed by the facts

Amazing Earth

Below is a nice video from the same documentary. I will be uploading more soon.

Please read news about the climate change.


The video below is about a species of birds who scale the great Himalayan mountains of the heights 7000m twice every year.




Discovery Climate

National Geographic Climate

BBC Climate

No comments: